The Nail Snail® is a 3-in-1 baby nail trimmer designed for babies and children from birth to 5 years old. It offers an easier, safer and faster option than scissors, clippers, nail files and biting.
6 Easy Steps To Nail Trimming
Here are instructions to use Nail Snail® in 6 easy steps:
1. Have your child's fingers or toes pointing away from you. Have the child sit in your lap, or cradled in your elbow allows for this.
2. Using the tail of the Nail Snail® gently clean under each nail.
3. Holding the shell of the Nail Snail® with the eye prongs facing away from you. Place the base of the metal V-shape blade against the edge of the nail.
4. Carefully catching the edge of the nail, move the blade forward, following the curve of the fingernail.
5. Using the same technique trim straight across the toenails.
6. Finish by gently smoothing off any rough edges with the nail file.
Ready to Have A Sing-A-Long?
Singing is always a good idea. It's a great way to have fun with your child and to gain their attention. When you have their attention there are usually less wriggles too. Making nail trimming even easier! If you're looking for inspiration, we have the perfect catchy tune.
Extra Tips For Using Nail Snail®
1. Make sure your child is calm. After a bath or after a meal when they are nice and relaxed is often a good time.
2. Another perfect time for nail trimming can be after you've read a book as part of your bed time routine.
3. It is a nice idea to sing with them, if you're looking for inspiration, the Nail Snail® song is lots of fun. The song features Julia Christie and her children on vocals!
4. Try using your Nail Snail® on a thin piece of cardboard to get used to how much force is needed and to build up your confidence.
5. Have your child give your Nail Snail® a name. Make nail trimming time a moment of care and fun.
6. Offer a small treat or sticker after nail trimming time is done.
7. Keep your Nail Snail® in a safe, clean and dry place. We recommend keeping it in a Nail Snail® canvas storage bag.