Our Chinese production abides by a strict code of independently certified conduct; outlining health and safety, paying above minimum wage, fair working hours, no child labour and with consideration of the environment.
Manufacturing Standards & Factory Information
At Christie & Christie® providing a safe product and a healthy workplace is an integral part of our focus. We believe in and stand by, the highest, ethical International and National manufacturing standards.
The Nail Snail® passes SGS International Safety Testing to the highest Australian and American Standards.
- US CPSC: Physical and Mechanical Safety Tests
- US CPSC 16 CFR 1500.48, US CPSC 16 CFR 1500.49 and US CPSC 16 CFR 1501 - no lead, no Phthalates and no toxic chemicals.
- As specified in Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) of 2008 section 103; tracking labels for children’s products.
CEO Julia Christie visits the Nail Snail® factory in China
The Nail Snail® is made in China in a production facility which adheres to the following manufacturing standards:
- ISO9001 certified factory (Total Quality Management System)
- ISO13485 certified factory (Medical Device Quality Management System)
- Environmental protection approval by the People's Republic of China Government.
- The factory operates in accordance with the labor laws of the People's Republic of China, they do not employ children or minors under the age of 16.
- Company and employees conclude and modify labor contracts in accordance with the principles of equality, voluntariness and consensus through consultation and do not violate the provisions of laws and administrative regulations.
- Workers are not discriminated against in employment on the basis of their ethnic, racial, gender or religious beliefs.
- The wage that pays each employee in the full amount, not under standard of local minimum wage. Employees take paid annual leave, marriage leave and/or maternity leave.
- Each employee receives a 1.5 hour lunch break per day.
- Employees are provided with work clothes, drinks and working meals.
- Employees receive paid social insurance.
- Regular occupational health checks are conducted for employees.
- Fire safety training is mandatory for all new staff.
- Working mums and dads are accommodated by allowing children to come to be cared for at the factory on the eve of long holidays or in situations where there is a problem with childcare help.
Our commitment to uphold human rights within all parts of our operations is a fundamental part of our business and we aim to use positive business practice in all areas.
At Christie &Christie® (just as we did when choosing the production facility for the Nail Snail®), we wanted to ensure that the company we would be working with for our new Nail Snail® Cold Packs provided the highest manufacturing standards whilst also upholding strong ethical standards.
The Chinese production company we’ve chosen abides by a strict code of independently certified conduct; the Amfori BSCI Code of Conduct, which principles aim to provide the highest labour protection and produce quality products. These principles include the fair and equal pay of employees (in fact higher than the local minimum wage), no forced overtime, strictly no employment of persons under 16, plus the provision of meals and drinks. They also ensure employees are provided with safe working conditions, are trained on their rights and obligations and workers sign a fixed term labour contract when joining so there is no precarious employment. The company operates in a completely ethical manner for recruitment and will not discriminate any worker based on race, colour, age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, religion, political affiliation, union membership, national origin or marital status. They also have an established policy and procedure for environment protection, including an Energy Conservation Procedure, plus a signed hazardous waste disposal contract with a qualified company.
Their products have been testing by STEK Testing Technology Co., LTD and Huak Testing Lab and all have obtained certificates of ISO13485, RoHS, CE, BSCI and MSDS. The Nail Snail® Cool Pack Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) provided was prepared in accordance with EU Regulations Relating to Labor 1272/2008/EC and was classed as non-hazardous and extended by company and literature data. The gel beads were found to be made from a non-combustible and non-toxic substance.
- Gel Beads: 95% Water, 5% Sodium Polyacrylate
- Outer: 100% PVC Plastic
- Fabric Back: 100% Polyester Material
We have also conducted our own Independent Safety Testing
- SGS Safety Testing: AUS: AS/NZS ISO 8124-1,2&3
- USA: TRA 16 CFR 1500.3(c)(2,3,4&5) / DEHP